The Honours Certificate Programme has been in existence for more than thirty years here at St. Xavier’s College. More recently, after Xavier’s got Autonomy, many of the courses offered in the Honours Certificate Programme moved to mainstream classes. This took the overall academics of the College to a higher level. However, there is always that segment of students who can handle bigger challenges. Hence, the Honours Certificate Programme continued to be offered by a few faculty stalwarts.
- To complement the regular curriculum, over and above and not at the cost of the regularly prescribed syllabus.
- To broaden and deepen the education both in terms of academic excellence and social relevance.
- To reward students for the extra work done beyond the requirements of the syllabus.
- Multidisciplinary experience – students of any discipline – Arts/Science/Mass Media/Management Studies can register for the Program offered either by their own or any other discipline.
The Honours Certificate Programme since 2016-17, is planned differently. The objective kept in mind is to offer our students opportunities to encourage inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary involvement academically. The major departments have been grouped into 3 ‘Hubs’ as follows:
The Interdisciplinary Hub System (cluster of departments)
Lingua – Humanities
- Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology (only for TY)
- Management Studies
- Mass Media
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Life Science & Biochemistry
- Caius Research Laboratory
- Information Technology
- Department of Inter-Religious Studies (DIRS)
- Heras Institute
- Indian Musical Group (IMG)
- Language Lab
- The Honours Certificate Programme is voluntary and optional, however, opting for the program requires seriousness and commitment.
- One credit is equivalent to the involvement of 15 hours of intense and dedicated work.
For FY Students
Overall 70% at the 12th Standard is mandatory
For SY and TY Students
CGPA of 7 with NO Failure/ATKT in the courses of the subject in the preceding years
Marksheet picture/photocopy must be submitted
To receive the Honours Certificate a student must obtain:
- At least one credit from the Hub at each level – FY, SY and TY
- A maximum of three credits per year can be acquired
Involvement over three years of graduation is mandatory
A student who does not fulfill 75% of the attendance and has not cleared the stipulated academic courses will be disqualified
A CGPA = 7 at the TY level is mandatory for receiving the Honours certificate.
Please note: An additional fee of Rs 500 to be paid at the TY level for the Honours certificate if a student qualifies.
A Registration form is a must – Separate form for FY, SY and TY.
- Honours Registration Fees is Rs. 700/- per student, to be paid every year – FY, SY and TY. Activity fees will be additional.
- A student must enrol for at least one credit/year over the three years. A total of 7 credits to qualify for the HCP certificate.
- The student will approach the activity in-charge or the department coordinator for enrolment in an activity.
- Correct details duly filled must be signed by the student and the parent.
To receive the HCP certificate a student must register in the hub from where the certificate is being conferred.
Students registered for an activity will receive an e-credit card on successful completion of the activity.
Student will download the respective Registration form (RF), then fill, sign, also take parent/guardian signature.
The marksheet for percentage or CGPA verification must be attached to the form.
Please carry the original marksheet for verification
The form and mark sheet will be get checked by Ms Joanne D’Souza who will sign all copies (Treasurer, VP and Student).
Time: Arts and the Science breaks, i.e., at 10.30 am and 11.20 am respectively from 18th July to 10th August 2022.
Venue: Conservation Centre, Heras on the ground floor. A board of HCP Form Verification will be kept outside.
Payment of fees at the Treasurer’s Office (TO) after showing signed RF form.
TO will sign after the Registration fees are paid and give the receipt for writing the number.
VP signature stamp must be procured from Joanne on all the copies. The VP copy of RF is to be submitted to Joanne for records.
Student will then meet the activity in charge/department coordinator and apply for the selected activity or activities.
For FY Students
FYBSc students – Be sure of continuing in St. Xavier’s College,Mumbai.
If you have applied for any of the professional courses and you are awaiting the results, be patient.
For SY and TY Students
A Second Year student can register for HCP in retrospect by filling-up FY as well as SY registration forms and fee payments for both years. The student must have 4 credits at SY and 3 credits at TY to qualify for the HCP certificate.
A Third Year student who has not registered for FY and SY cannot register in retrospect.
Any difference in interpretation of the above rules will be resolved finally by the VP (Academics).
PROPOSALS WILL BE UP ON THE WEBSITE BY
23rd July 2022
REGISTRATION & ACTIVITY ENROLMENT FOR SY and TY
Last Date: 10th August 2022
Time: 12.00 pm – 3.00 pm
REGISTRATION & ACTIVITY ENROLMENT FOR FY
Last Date: 20th August 2022