A three month Certificate Course in Costal and Marine Conservation
The Certificate Course will have 56 Sessions days over a period of three months duration.
A wide range of faculty will share information and teach in this course.
* Under water Photographers
* Professional Divers
* Film makers will be a part of the faculty in delivering sessions enabling the
The course includes:
1. Basic Swimming: 10 sessions
- Guided Swimming and controlled underwater swimming
- Underwater Yoga
- Underwater still photography
- Underwater mapping
2. In classroom sessions: 10 Sessions
- Foundation [ basics of Environmental science] No Science background needed
- Simple information on the planet’s ecosystems
- Learn thru interactive methods and games
- Videos and real cases will be the main mode of teaching
3. Documentary film making. 10 Sessions
- Writing (General Structure, Style)
- Interviewing techniques
4. Film Editing (FCP, Adobe Premiere) 5 Sessions
- Film editing
- Sound and Music
5. Scuba Diving – American PADI Certification 5 days plus 1 pre preparatory session. (This session will be optional for the participants)
- Shallow water Snorkeling
- Deep waters Diving
- Open Sea Diving
- Mapping the sea floor
- Free Diving – Dive without gear
- Interactive Chill time – Session where experiences are shared and lessons learnt
6. Research Methodology 5 Sessions
- Analysis of species
7. Post Production: 5 Sessions
8. Presentations of films and thesis: 1 day
- Graduation day
- Important people in society will attend
- Researchers and Scientists will Speak
- Certification distribution
- One environmental activity and a dissertation submitted based on it.
- One documentary film based on environmental conservation.
- Field work is an essential part of the course. Fees does not include the costing for field work and the actuals to be borne by the students.
- 90% attendance is compulsory, 100% helps.
- Only after completing the course work, will the students get the certificate.
Course Duration & Fees:
* Certificate Course : 56 Sessions, 1 hr per session over 3 months. [Weekends and Evenings]
* Course Fees : 37,500/- + 18% GST = 44,250/-
Scuba Diving PADI course at cost 45,000/- [OPTIONAL]
[Excludes Travel and Stay during the PADI course at Andamans or Goa]
Days: Fridays and Saturdays
Timings: 3pm to 5.30 pm
Venue: LR 14
Mode of Payment: Only in the form of a Demand Draft payable to ‘The Bombay St Xavier’s College Society’.
Eligibility: Course open to all Students and Working professionals. Applicants could be completing / completed either Undergrad or post grad Degree.
Dr. Priya Sundarrajan. 9969379223, email@example.com
Luke Mendes: 9820249257, firstname.lastname@example.org