Applications are invited for Indian citizens for filling up the following post of Research Assistant (RA) under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India sponsored purely time-bound project undertaken in the Department of Botany, St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous) Mumbai.
1. Project No-: BT/INF/22/SP41293/2020
2. Project Title-: DBT-BUILDER St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Mumbai – Interdisciplinary Life Science Programme for Advanced Research and Education.
3. Age limit (As on the date of interview)-: 35 Years
4. Type of engagement-: Temporary for a specific project
5. All engagement will end with the completion of the project or with the efflux of engagement order.
6. During the period of ad hoc engagement, if the candidates’ services are not found suitable, they can be ended at any time without mentioning any reason by giving notice of one month or in lieu of notice one month stipend.
7. In the event the candidate desire to leave the engagement, before the expiry of the engagement period, then he has to give notice of a month and must serve the project for the entire notice period after resignation is accepted. In case of default on the part of candidates in giving the required notice, the authorities may not only claim from the candidates an amount not exceeding the stipends for the required notice period but also shall be at liberty to refrain from issuing any certificate including a service certificate.
8. In case the candidate accepts the offer of ad hoc engagement, he shall have to submit discharge certificate(s) from the present employer(s), if any, and Passing Certificate/mark sheets of Bachelors and experience, (in original and one attested copy) and six passport size photographs to the college office. The Original certificate will be retained with the authority for verification and will be returned to you in due course.
9. This engagement is for full time and does not permit the candidate to engage herself/ himself in any outside business, consultation, teaching in other institutions, private coaching/tuitions and/or such other outside work either with or without remuneration, without the express permission in writing from the authorities.
10. The authorities reserve to themselves the right to amend, modify, alter or rectify the terms and conditions of services of this engagement.
|Sr. No.||Title||No. of Vacancy||Stipend per month||Minimum Qualification||Desirable Experience||Tenure of engagement|
|1||Scientific Assistant 1||1||Rs.18,000/- p.m||B.Sc. Botany||experience in Phytochemical analysis/ HPTLC/ HPLC/MS||First engagement for 6 Months. Upon satisfactory performance Re-engaged may be given.|
|2||Scientific Assistant 2||1||Rs.18,000/- p.m||B.Sc. Botany||experience in Ethnobotanical studies/ Fieldwork.||First engagement for 6 Months. Upon satisfactory performance Re-engaged may be given.|
Interested candidates are requested to fill in the Application Form in the given link https://forms.gle/ALM3r4v7CBi1pobj6, with self-attested copies of each supporting document/certificates/reprints within 15 days of the advertisement. Shortlisted candidates will be informed by email about the interview date.