Based on the Parents’ consents (Arts: 236 Yes out of 360 and Science: 194 Yes out of 355) and in accordance with the Government Circular dated 20 January 2022, it has been decided to start in-person (offline/physical) classes for FYJC (XI) Arts and Science students from Thursday, 27 January 2022, as per the official junior college timings (Science classes beginning at 8:50 AM and Arts classes starting at 12:10 PM as mentioned in the JC Handbook).
Only those students whose parents have given their consent to send them to college for in-person (offline/physical) classes will be allowed to attend the lectures from Thursday, 27 January 2022. They have to carry the hard copies of consent forms duly signed by their parents and also have to strictly follow the SOPs prescribed by the government and maintain Covid appropriate behaviour on the college campus. This includes the following:
- Wear a face mask on the campus and during the lectures
- Carry hand sanitiser, water bottle, lunch box (tiffin), pen and notebook
- Maintain social distancing on the campus and during the lectures.
- Wear the college identity card on the college campus and during the lectures. Identity Cards for those who had filled the form for the same will be distributed by the class teachers in the classroom on producing the soft-copy or hardcopy of the admission fee receipt and the parent’s consent form.
- Report immediately to the class teacher or any other subject teacher, if any student is unwell or getting symptoms of cold and fever.
- The regular timetable for both Arts and Science lectures w.e.f. Thursday, 27 January 2022, will be posted on the class WhatsApp groups soon.
- Science practicals will start only after a week or two; instead of practicals, lectures will be held in the practical time slots till regular practicals begin.
- Those students whose parents have not given their consent to send their children to college for in-person (offline/ physical) classes and those students who have not submitted the Parents’ Consent Forms, will be attending Online lectures from home as per the new time-table of offline/ physical lectures w.e.f Thursday, January 27, 2022. The hybrid teaching will continue till these students are allowed by their parents to visit the college for in-person offline physical classes or till the government issues fresh guidelines regarding the students’ attendance on the campus.
In view of the above, students are advised to be prepared, both mentally and physically, for the new timings and timetable from Thursday, 27 January 2022.