As per the latest University Circular REG/ICD/ 2020-21/28 dated 12.02.2021 and BMC letter – Joint Commissioner (Education) 1695 dt 12.02.2021, St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai awaits clearance from the local authorities to restart the college after 22 February 2021. This date is tentative and may get revised, subject to Government instructions.
The current status, as of 13 February 2021, is that the Government will take the decision to allow the reopening of colleges only on 22 February 2021. Hence, the decision as to when to reopen St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai will be taken accordingly.
As of now, the College awaits clearance from the local authorities (viz, Municipal Commissioner, the District Collector and Disaster Management Cell) to restart the college from the date decided by the Government.
The College’s Academic Commitments On Reopening
- The College will be reopened in a phased manner:
- In the first phase, the entry will be permitted to only those Ph.D. and MSc students who are able to come to college. They would have to attend their laboratory sessions from the reopening day.
- The decision for re-starting the First, Second, Third year as well as the XII practical is currently pending and will be communicated to students as and when the decision is taken.
- Individual Departments will schedule batch-wise practical sessions, following the prescribed social distancing norms. These schedules will be communicated to students by the respective Departments.
- All lectures will continue in the ‘ONLINE MODE along with the Work from Home modality for assignments and projects.
- The online Lectures will be recorded and their links will be shared with the students.
Guidelines To Be Mandatorily Adhered To Within The College Campus
- At the onset, it must be noted that physical attendance of students in the College is NOT compulsory.
- Students who come to college for attending the academic sessions, when it reopens, must bring the duly filled and signed Parents’ Consent Form. The downloadable proforma of the said Consent Form will be available on the website.
- Students will strictly adhere to all the prescribed UGC Norms (UGC Guidelines to reopen colleges post Covid19 – 5 Nov 2020) while traveling as well as on the college premises, failing which their entry into college premises will be denied.
- The College strongly recommends that students carry their personal safety requirements such as sanitizers, hand gloves, masks, soap, etc., to avoid any kind of exchanges.
- The Hostel and Canteen facilities will remain closed till the local authorities permit them to be opened to provide their services.
- College visitors will not be allowed beyond the first quad.
Prescribed Protocols To Be Compulsorily Followed Within The Campus
- Masks must be correctly worn at all times on the college premises.
- The College will make available sanitizers and temperature sensor guns at various locations on the premises and all must cooperate and use the same.
- The college will be sanitized at the end of every day.
- The faculty, staff, and students of the university and college should be encouraged to download the ‘Aarogya Setu’ app.