The Department of Inter-Religious Studies (DIRS) is offering an online course on ‘Indigenous Religious Traditions’ starting on 5 January 2021
Resource persons- Dr. Pranoti Chirmuley, HOD, Dept. of Sociology & Anthropology, St. Xavier’s College and Dr. (Fr.) Sebastian M. Michael, Director & Professor of Cultural Anthropology, Institute of Indian Culture.
- Unique nature and identity of indigenous religious traditions
- Commonalities and differences between various indigenous religious traditions worldwide
- Contribution of indigenous values and lifestyles to global environmental consciousness
- Erosion of indigenous identity and geopolitical representation
- Social movements of indigenous peoples for their cultural identity
- Power, politics and religion influencing indigenous communities
- Religion, music and chaos
- Religion and its functionalist connections
Open to all including Honours and Non-honours students!
1 transfer credit will be awarded
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to the others!
Course Fee: Rs 350 for Xavierites, Rs 500 for non-Xavierite students and Rs 700 for Working Professionals.
To register, fill the form below:
For queries, contact Akanksha Dabre on 8698995974