Module I – Indian Culture and Heritage – The Theoretical Essence
Unit I – General Survey of Indian Culture and Heritage
- Sources for the Study of Indian Heritage and Culture
- Timeline of developments of India through the Ages (From Prehistoric to Early Medieval Period)
- Facets of Indian Heritage (Tangible and Intangible)
Unit II – Social, Political, Economic and Religio-Philosophical facets of Indian Culture
- Purusharthas, Varnashramadharma and Samskaras
- State , Kingship, Administration,War and Inter-state Relations
- Vartta and Guilds
- Shaivism, Vaishnavism , Shakta, Buddhism and Jaininsm
- Upanishads and Six systems of Philosophy
Module II – Indian Culture and Heritage – The Tangible and its Conservation
Unit I – Art and Architecture
- Pre-Historic and Proto Historic Art
- Historic and Late Historic Art
- Cave and Stupa Architecture
- Temple Architecture
- Iconography and Iconometry
Unit II – Conservation & Museology
- Aims and Functions of a Museum
- In-house and Outreach activities
- Working Principles, Introduction to Preventive and Remedial Conservation
- An exam for each module of 100 mark each will have to be attempted by the participants at the end of the instructional year in the month of April.
- A dissertation consisting of a topic from within the modular framework has to be submitted before the final exam and will carry 150 marks.
- Only after completing this course work will the participant be awarded the Diploma certificate.
- Fieldwork is an essential part of this course , participants are expected to attend at least one field trip during the instructional year. Fees for the field work to excluded from the course fees.
Eligibility – HSC cleared candidates from any stream can apply.
Course Fees – Rs. 10,000/- (Demand Draft: The Bombay St. Xavier’s College Society) + Processing Charges – Rs. 200/- (by cash)
Venue – LR 02
Day – Saturday
Timing – 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Kindly submit filled Pre-Application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last dates to send in pre application forms – 15 July 2019
Date of admission & payment of fees will be announced along with the date of course commencement on 17 July 2019.